Toasty-Roasty

It was toasty-roasty this week. Actually, I would say that on the two hottest days, it was more roasty than toasty. When it is toasty, the kids will stay outside for more than an hour without trying to re-enter the house. When it is roasty, the kids only last about 15 minutes before they return indoors with sand, chalk, leaves, and various debris clinging to their hands, feet, and clothes. This yard debris is sort of like barnacles on a whale—it's just looking for a free ride and the kids are willing to oblige. However, unlike a whale mother, I will remove the yard barnacles because I will not tolerate barnacles falling off on the floors and beds.
Alison Blowing Bubbles with Her Sidekick Phil-a-Buster and James Herding Animals Across a Land Bridge Between Two Pool Oceans

The kids did stay outside a little longer when they had watering holes for cooling down. James developed a way to keep the pool water cleaner by rinsing his and his sister's feet in a bucket before entering the pool. I'm glad he is using his intellect for cleanliness.
James and Alison Rinsing Their Feet in the Decontamination Bucket; Philip Is Supervising

Mike and James were able to attend a Kane County Cougars' game. James's tee ball team got tickets for the same game so they could sit together. During the game, James joined some of the other fans and ran around the bases; then he high-fived the team players. Accompanying James and Mike were most of James's cat-related animal toys—James doesn't own a cougar toy, so he made do with lions, jaguars, and leopards.
James and Mike in the Stands, James Running the Bases, and James Greeting the Cougars

Because of the heat and the mosquitoes, the kids did spend quite a bit of time indoors this week, which allowed Mike and Ali time for daddy-daughter bonding. Alison groomed her daddy's facial hair, and then she dressed up like a lion on its way to Mardi Gras. Ali wanted to do Mike's make-up, but that was not part of the of daddy-daughter bonding charter. They are in the process of renegotiating the charter, but as it was drawn up in pictures, the interpretation of some of the objectives depends on which direction you hold the paper.
Alison and Mike Enjoying Daddy-Daughter Time

And who could forget little Busta-Busta-Babe-Ah (nickname รก la Ali)...he has been hard at work all week shoving things in his mouth. The chewed up lady bug was the worst thing I pulled from his mouth, so it's been a good week.
Phil with His Sink Strainer and Phil with His Fetching Ball (he does play fetch and he plays it well)

Comments

  1. Hmmmmm...I can post just fine!! Maybe Blogger was having an issue. Or were your comment settings off?

    Anyhow...I love the daddy daughter bonding charter! Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm testing the commenting feature as anonymous, but Google may still know it's me. They're probably watching me right now. I better close the blinds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please disregard the apostrophe on "it's"; I've been apostrophe-happy lately. They're just so darn cute, dangling there, like a stalactite or hanging flower basket or wind chime. They're not at all like commas, running amok all over the ground, tripping people, like discarded, pointy toys, or those invisible bumps on the ground that I'm always stumbling on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Megan posting as Amy. I want to see what blogger is doing to her posts that magically disappear. Now, to click the button...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Megan posting as Amy. My post did not disappear, so either Google really can tell that I am me, even when using your account, or your computer somehow eats your posts, or you are a liar, liar, pants on fire. Now, I've never seen your pants on fire, but I do know they got extremely hot that time Loren dumped KFC gravy in your lap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Amy: I love the fact that you have a child-puppy like me! The pics are adorable, but you really need to get James a cougar for his collection...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, Doodle, you still had to post as anonymous? Maybe you should talk to the Google people about their obvious dislike of your comments.

    When I visit, we will be able to play fetch and Frisbee with our little cuddle-puppies. I think they would also like one of those tug ropes, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment