When Mike and I first married, the only vehicle we had was a two-door Ford Escort that Mike lovingly called Leroy. Mike had driven Leroy for many years, and they had a bond that was stronger than Leroy's metal frame. Then, six months later, Mike and I purchased our Mazda Protégé. It didn't have automatic windows or power door locks, both of which never worked in the used cars that my family drove when I was little, but I really loved our Mazda. We drove it to the Oregon Coast on our first vacation together. It was dragged to Illinois when we moved from Idaho. And when I started noticing wrinkles under my eyes, my Mazda sympathetically skidded on wet pavement and bumped into a van, creating a wrinkle under its eye.

However, we sold our Mazda Protégé last week. I teared up a little when we sold it. It was a good car that never died on me once. I will miss the squealing noise it would make to clear its throat in the mornings. I will miss how the CD player would only work when the temperature inside the car was above 85°. And I will miss all the Diet Coke stains on the floor mats, demonstrating more than a decade of driving, stopping, and thirst-quenching enjoyment.
Below are some pictures of our Mazda. We really didn't take many pictures, and most of the ones we took were of the back of the car.



Comments
Post a Comment