My Mother's Day fun fest began on Friday and did not stop until late Sunday night. Even as I type, I can hear the kids chatting away in their room about all kinds of potty subjects. Mike told them to go to sleep, and James said, "We're never going to sleep; we're too hyper." That's the last time they eat Belgian chocolate ice cream with caramel sauce and four kinds of sprinkles right before bed.

On Friday, I went to a Mother's Day tea at James's school. James's class wore bandanas and cowboy hats and sang "She's Drives Me Crazy." Before the musical number, James pointed out, "The word 'she' in the song is you, mom." As a present, James made me a wonderful wall decoration that now hangs in my room so I can gaze at it when I wake up in the morning. Each morning since the hanging, James bursts into my room to ask whether I have looked at the hat yet. That beautiful hat will be the last thing I see when I die from a heart attack brought on by James's overly enthusiastic waking.

James and His Mother's Day Gifts and a Bonus Photo of James and Alison

On Saturday, the entire family went clothes shopping, even Mike, and he wasn't pushing Phil through the store with his laptop on the stroller. He shopped, too, and found a lovely pair of shoes that complement a belt he has at home. I found that after only one minute of entering a store, Ali can get herself lost and turned over to store security. Way to go, little Cookie-Cakes; you stuck to mom and dad like an Oreo cookie sticks to its creamy center, didn't you. She was a little more careful after "the losing" but continued to play games of hide-and-seek inside the clothing racks with James and Phil. The game only became dangerous when Phil tried to move it into the dressing rooms. He is one speedy crawler.
Alison's Primary teacher made a cute Mother's Day keepsake card with Ali's hand print on it. Alison has informed me that the card is hers, not mine. She also said the same thing about the Mother's Day card Mike bought me. Alison saw the dog on the front of the card and said, "Ah, she has a hair bow like me." That is why the card is hers. I suppose if I start wearing a hair bow, she might give the card back, or at least tell me where she hid it.

Alison Holding My Cards that She Has Commandeered—Middle Photo Depicts My Afternoon Mother's Day Snacks (Ali tried to commandeer the snacks as well; a tussle ensued, but I was victorious.)
Phil is absent from the previous pictures because his nap time coincided with picture time. However, I did manage to capture a few photos of Phil in his crib once his nap was over. And if you are wondering, the answer is yes—the walls in Phil's room do change colors throughout the day.

Comments
Post a Comment