Fortnight in Idaho: Part 1, McCall

Mike's cousins have a cabin by the lake in McCall, and they generously share their cabin each summer. So it was a Laub reunion for the Fourth of July weekend. McCall is about 2 1/2 hours from Boise, and I would give the town a Rocky Mountain High rating of medium. The drive to McCall is very squiggly, and I usually take Dramamine to maintain my stomach's equilibrium, but I forgot this time. However, my snacks of beef jerky, chocolate, and Diet Coke kept my stomach acid happy and busy.
Alison During the Drive to McCall.
James in the Cabin.

There was an unusually large number of mosquitoes this year, and they attacked night and day. You couldn't stand still for more than two seconds before being swarmed, and Phil, being young and tender, was like a veal cutlet to the insects. Luckily, Phil didn't swell up from the bites, but his photo cuteness went down 30%.
Phil's Mosquito Bites After One Day—He Collected More the Next Two Days.

James and Ali had a great time hiking, playing in the lake, and bothering their cousins. Sadly, Mike and I were not diligent in taking pictures, so we don't have a lot of photographic evidence. Next time, Mike and I will have to each bring a camera. However, Mike did get pictures of James on their hike toward Brundage (a ski resort). Enjoy!
James at the Summit of a Boulder.

James Throwing a Snowball in July.

Check back next week for "Fortnight in Idaho: Part 2, Nampa"—the continuation of our semi-exciting summer vacation (actually, "semi" and "exciting" seem like exaggerations; let's just stick with "summer vacation"). Until next week, take care.

Comments

  1. Oh I'm so glad Phil didn't swell up from the mosquito bites. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment of the neither semi nor exciting summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment