I've mourned long enough. My wedding ring is not coming back. I thought it might find its way home—it bounces quite well, but the road back from the Brookfield Zoo is treacherous and covered with potholes. So while in Idaho, I purchased a replacement wedding ring. As I cannot be trusted with quality minerals or metals, I'm starting over again with a ring comprised of a cubic zirconia and some sort of non-gold, metal alloy.
 |
| Small, Sleek, and Aerodynamic...plus, costs under $20 on clearance! |
If I can keep this training ring around for the next 10 years or so, maybe I'll move on to the next level: a gold ring with a cubic zirconia. By the way, if this cheap ring falls apart or turns my finger colors, I'm allowed to replace it with another cheap ring. I'm only starting the whole training program over again if I lose the ring. According to the fine print in my mind, I'm not responsible for war, famine, natural disasters, or acts of kids.
 |
| Everything is Relative...Especially Time. |
My second wedding ring was tossed by my then 4 year old daughter down a radiator. I worked in an environment that LOVED a woman with a bare finger so I did the cheapo band for 7 years, then I went postal. Service Merchandise was going out of business so I whined and finally got a replacement ring...marriage failed. Moral of the story, the 4 year old knew the truth.
ReplyDeleteI don't know the details and don't want to get your hopes up, but it's still possible it'll turn up. I lost the diamond necklace that Dave gave me for our first Christmas together (wail...sniff, sniff)for the better part of a year. After I had finally accepted that it was lost, gone, never coming back, it fell out of a box on a shelf in a closet-still NO idea how it got there-when I was looking for something else.
ReplyDeleteBeth, I know that kids are often responsible for wedding loss. Both of my parents lost their wedding rings and my brother was the culprit. My parents never bought replacements, so I could go that route if my cheap ring falls apart.
ReplyDeleteDeeDee, thanks for the tale of hope. I lost my ring at the Brookfield Zoo, around the Australia House. I've decided I will check with Zoo Lost and Found every time I visit, just in case. Last time I checked, they had a large number of wedding rings. I guess the Zoo is a wedding ring limbo.