It's not the title of a monster movie; although, I would love that (Cinnabon's clone could team up with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and wreak havoc throughout malls and airports). Actually, Clone of a Cinnabon is a recipe that my sister recommended from Allrecipes.com (
click here for recipe).
I did attempt the recipe, and I had a few minor setbacks because I read steps into the recipe that weren't actually there. That's what happens when I cook while talking on the phone. The final product was delicious, but does it qualify as a clone? I'm not a frequent Cinnabon shopper. Normally, when I see a Cinnabon store, my stomach is willing, but my teeth are weak. The same thing happens with McDonald's cinnamon melts. Those things are instant tooth decay in a box. So, unless I can sample both a Cinnabon and a clone at the same time, I really shouldn't pass judgment on their clone-i-ness. The entire family enjoyed the rolls—not one crumb was left uneaten. On a scale of 1 to 10 in cinnamon roll land, I would give the recipe an 8. Those are all the reviews I have for now.
 |
| Clone on Corelle Ware and James Dining on Clone. |
I did not capture Ali and Phil enjoying the Clone of a Cinnabon, but here they are doing what they do best—annoying each other.
 |
| Phil Longing for Whatever is in Ali's Hand and Phil Holding a Speckled Banana. |
Because I keep getting questions about the Cinnabon clone's ranking, I'll clarify why it is an 8. A 10 would be a cinnamon roll so delicious that if it fell in a pile of vomit, I would eat it anyway. I have never met such a roll, but when I do, I'll make sure to let everyone know.
ReplyDelete