Each week, I tell myself, "Just skip an entry this Sunday...who's going to care?" However, I don't want to ruin my Sunday streak or disappoint the two people who eagerly await my Sunday night ramblings. Therefore, I will provide a brief entry about toothpaste.
Recently, I was extremely tempted to purchase a tube of Pepsodent toothpaste. It was my favorite toothpaste during college; I loved its delicious, wintergreen flavor. Wintergreen is possibly my favorite of the mints, although spearmint is a close, strong second. As a child, I was fascinated with the smell of BenGay—it was like a wintergreen Life Saver multiplied by 1000. I even tried tasting some BenGay, after my brother told me it was toothpaste, and sadly, it wasn't anything close to a wintergreen Life Saver x1000. Then, in college, I found Pepsodent, and it was as though my wintergreen toothpaste dreams had come true.
![]() |
| A Quick Search for Mr. Yuk and Mr. Yum Stickers Saved Me Valuable Graphic Creation Time. |
You might wonder why I stopped using my beloved toothpaste. Well, Mike only uses toothpastes approved by the American Dental Association, and I guess the ADA doesn't approve of wintergreen, or they're afraid consumers will eat the tasty toothpaste (FYI, I've only ever done such a thing as a child or when there was no candy in the house). Anyway, I stopped using Pepsodent a while ago, and now I worry that maybe it can't provide all the dental protection my teeth and gums require. Yet, maybe the whole ADA approval thing is just a scam to make me buy more expensive toothpastes. Pepsodent is only $1.00. I think I'll buy a tube and try it out for a week. If my teeth cleanliness goes down, I'll stop using Pepsodent, but I can always keep it around for a delicious, emergency wintergreen pick-me-up.

I love Pepsodent's flavor. I don't care about the ADA thing; toothpaste is toothpaste. So there. Besides, didn't you read the package? Not only does it promise Complete Care (note the double capitals), it is also an ALL AMERICAN BRAND. Gotta be good.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Pepsodent support. On my next trip to the store, I'm picking up some. And I won't have to worry about Mike taking the toothpaste and leaving it in various rooms in the house. He won't touch my non-ADA stuff. I won't have to use the kids' toothpaste anymore :)
ReplyDeletePepsodent is the worst toothpaste in the world. My your teeth rot out one by one!
ReplyDeleteOkay, anonymous. If you are who I think you are, then you will be getting many, many tubes of Pepsodent in the mail, but no candy.
ReplyDelete