Parsley

This post is the first in a four-part herb series. Actually, I'm kidding because I have no idea what I would write about sage, rosemary, or thyme.

Today, I made stuffed shells, mainly to use up the rest of my giant pasta shells and clear up some shelf space. The recipe called for fresh parsley, which I happen to have outside because nature hasn't killed it yet. As I ripped off some sprigs (or is it sprays?) from the plant, I wondered how dirty the parsley was. Did it need a thorough washing or a quick water shot? However, when I saw an odd, green moth fly off the parsley, I opted for a thorough washing. I wasn't sure if this particular moth considered parsley as food or as an outhouse on its road through life.

In the summer, we had a very hungry caterpillar as a parsley squatter. It just munched and munched. I wasn't using the parsley much at that point, so I let the caterpillar live. The kids enjoyed watching the caterpillar. Unfortunately, the caterpillar moved away around the time Phil fell into the herb patch. Phil came out of the herbs smelling like a smashed spice rack, but the caterpillar was no where to be found.
Caterpillar on Parsley and Phil Crunching Phone Numbers Prior to Crunching Bugs

***Blog Post Interruption***
Sadly, I won't be completing my discourse on parsley (I started the post earlier in the day with the intent of finishing tonight). Ali was sick in the back of the car, so I must clean the car, some clothes, and a little girl. The casualties for this bout of sickness were as follows:
  • 1 blue Little Miss Rock 'n Roll t-shirt
  • 1 pair of blue jeans
  • 1 orange tutu
  • 1 yellow blankie of happiness
  • 1 reusable Costco shopping bag, super-sized variety (like everything at Costco)

The clothes and blankie may survive. We'll know when the wash is done. The Costco bag might be fine after a good dose of Lysol. The car has definitely lost its new car smell. I'm just glad my kids haven't learned the ancient art of chain vomiting, or this event could have been much, much worse.

Comments

  1. I consider myself an outhouse on everyone else's roads through life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, Ali considered your car an outhouse on her road through Dora Dora's Revenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment