Scarecrow and Stair of Sadness

Scarecrow
On Friday, the students in James's class were supposed to dress up like scarecrows. Unfortunately, I waited to put a costume together until Friday morning. James's straw stuffing was sparse, but his paper bag hat fit like a glove (because his head is gigantic). You might wonder why his class dressed like scarecrows. It was a theme day where they colored scarecrows, counted scarecrows, sang about scarecrows, etc. Because of the enormous effort I put into his costume, in the afternoon, I had James continue to wear his outfit and chase birds out of our yard.
Scarecrow James

Stair of Sadness
When Phil feels wronged, he heads to the one location where he can find solace—the Stair of Sadness. The stair is centrally located so that everyone in the house can clearly hear his wailing, which Phil finds comforting. And if Phil needs more ways to channel his sadness, he can easily run a marathon on the wall or crumple up the rug in front of the stairs to annoy me. Once his sadness has run its course, he can then move up and entertain himself on the next stair—the Stair of Climate Control. From this stair, Phil can push buttons and set the thermostat to 52 °F (all Wednesday I wondered why the house was so cold). The thermostat is programmable, so it will adjust the temperature at some point. But if Phil manages to find the hold button, I foresee a cold, cold winter...at least until Phil grows tall enough to reach the up arrow button. Then we'll have patches of extreme warmth to go with the extreme cold. And to think...I used to believe stairs were a bigger danger to babies than adults.  
Phil in the Throes of a Stair Tantrum (top and bottom left) and Phil Taking a Break to Ensure He Has Our Attention (right)

Comments

  1. I wish I lived on the Stair of Climate Control. First the weather, then the earth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment