My subconscious mind must love chocolate as much as my conscious mind (and my tummy). On a number of occasions, when walking past the girls' clothes at Target, my peripheral vision chocolate tracker has gone off. Of course, I know that chocolate shouldn't be hanging out in the clothing department; however, I must take a closer look because no chocolate should be left behind or, at the very least, unexamined. And, if there isn't any actual candy, maybe I will find candy depicted on a t-shirt, and that feast for the mind will tide me over until I make it to the candy aisle.
Well, each time my chocolate tracker has gone off near the girls' clothes, it has been wrong. The label that keeps tricking me is for the Harajuka Mini clothing line. My brain chooses to translate the "MINI" as "M&M's."
 |
| It might look like a hamburger, but from far away and when barely in my line of vision, it brings thoughts of chocolate. |
You're probably looking at the graphic right now and saying to yourself, "That looks nothing like the logo for M&M's." However, to have the same experience as me, you would need to walk past the label in a store while focusing your mind on shopping and not talking to yourself out loud. You would also need to have the M&M's logo from 1988–2005 engraved in your brain instead of the newer logo (see graphics below). Then you, too, would be tricked and forced to stop and examine non-chocolaty clothes.
 |
| M&M's Logo from 1988–2005 |
 |
| M&M's Logo from 2006 to present |
Oh, and in response to what you are also saying right now...yes, I should probably be spending my brain power on better pursuits. However, this issue has stopped me a number of times at Target, and I just had to investigate why the Harajuku label made me think of M&M's. Now, I must go eat some M&M's.
I think we need to stage a chocolate intervention. Expect one in July.
ReplyDeleteI believe you mean chocolate "invention." It's easy for you to add the extra "ter" because you are so letter-y (smaller scale than wordy). Also, I would love to see chocolate on the stage. I think the next big Broadway hit should be about chocolate. That would be way better than one about smelly cats.
ReplyDeleteThat's too funny. I've been stopped by that logo wanting a hamburger several times.
ReplyDeleteAt least you see it as a hamburger. I also think the yellow color of the hamburger bun mimics the peanut M&M's bag color. M&M Mars really did a wonderful job with marketing and brand recognition. They own that shade of brown and yellow in my cluttered mind.
ReplyDelete